Before you start reading this post, know that it is a no-judgement zone.
The diet culture has negatively changed the way we view our food, and ourselves. The many restrictions diet places upon the way you eat has caused people to have an unhealthy relationship with food, and unfortunately, with themselves.
Diets make you feel ashamed. They make you feel guilty. And sadly, it brings unwanted judgement from yourself and others.
Here are some characteristics of dieting:
- We tend to criticize ourselves rather than accept ourselves, and our bodies.
- We judge our choices whenever we diet (and perhaps others' choices, too).
- We constantly judge our bodies and appearance.
To live a healthy lifestyle means practicing acts of self-care and self-love. It would be hard to feel your best self and live a healthy, happy life if your health is coming from a place of judgement.
That's why we focus a lot on mindful eating with the Believe Nutrition app. Mindful eating makes a person pause and make choices in favour of self-kindness. It allows you to eat and view your health and body without judgement.
The diet culture has caused people to feel ashamed of and judge what they eat. This backfires because you then start creating an unhealthy relationship with food, and with yourself. And then you get into that vicious diet cycle where you start feeling frustrated, confused and lonely in your healthy journey
Nutrition shouldn’t be that way. You should approach our food with joy, freedom and satisfaction. We need to view food as a means to nourishing us and helping us feel our best selves, mentally, physically and emotionally. Not as a means of making us feel miserable.
Judgement blocks possibilities. At Kayam, we invite you to stop dieting and restricting yourself and start eating without judging yourself or how you look.
Healthy at every size + mindful eating = a healthy and happy life.
If you want to start living a healthier lifestyle consistently, we have your back! With our online nutrition coaching app, you can lose weight and keep it off, without dieting! Here’s how you can do it:
1. Food photos: simply take photos of what you eat and let kayam do the rest for you. It's that easy!
2. Track your habits. You can also use our app for habit building. Simply build betterfood habits with our tracker effortlessly.
3. Your personal nutritionist. We do offer you a personal nutritionist, where you will get personalized support and recommendations on a daily basis so that you can make small and simple changes to the way you eat without having to diet or calorie count! Get real human support from a qualified online personal nutritionist.
Join 241,000 subscribers & get great research delivered to your inbox each week.